How does the GABS Market Place work?
Depending on the host city, the GABS Market Place features up to 65 different exhibitors, arranged around the festival hall to maximise patronage. It’s an opportunity for attendees to meet and talk to brewers, cider makers, and representatives of other relevant businesses. This is a big part of the event experience, so we require all exhibitors to staff their own stands.
Can I serve alcohol from my stand?
Yes, absolutely. Subject to the GABS Conditions of Alcohol Service below, you can sell and serve any of your beers or ciders directly from the stand in either an 85ml sample glass or in the 285ml GABS Souvenir Glass, using a Cashless Currency Wristband. If you are featuring a Festival Beer or Cider at GABS, you can also serve this from your stand. We’ll provide you with the 85ml sample cups prior to Session 1, and replenish your stocks between sessions as required.
How much can alcohol be sold for?
Exhibitors selling alcohol must sell 85ml samples for a minimum of $2.20 each, and can charge anything from $6 to fill an official 285ml GABS Souvenir Glass.
Depending on the size and popularity of your stand, your stock requirements may differ. Some of the bigger Featured Stand exhibitors (eg. Garage Project / Feral) can serve as much as 10 kegs at GABS Melbourne, or 8 kegs at Sydney or Auckland while newer breweries at smaller stands might serve 2-3 kegs at each event.
How much stock will I need?
Can I sell merchandise from my stand?
Not directly from your stand. If you would like to sell branded merchandise at GABS, this can be sold on consignment at the Official GABS Merchandise Stand. GABS receives a 20% commission on all merchandise sales, and will return 80% of all exhibitor merchandise sales to the exhibitor as part of the Exhibitor Rebate.
All merchandise items must be submitted via Beer Hub. GABS will not accept stock that has not been previously advised. Merchandise must be delivered to the venue during the Move In period where it will be counted and signed in. Please ensure you have clearly labelled the quantity of each item supplied as well as the sale price of each item and submit to the Merchandise stand during Move In. Merchandise may be displayed on your stand to assist with the sales process.
How does the Exhibitor Rebate system work?
All transactions at GABS are made using Cashless Currency Wristbands. Following each event, GABS will return 50% of each exhibitor’s stand sales, plus 80% of the exhibitor’s merchandise sales, back to the exhibitor (this is the Exhibitor Rebate).
When will the Exhibitor Rebate be paid?
We will generate a Tax Invoice on behalf of each exhibitor, and pay the Exhibitor Rebate into the business’s nominated bank account within 28 days of the relevant event. Any account enquiries should be addressed to email@example.com.
Can I run ‘mini-events’ at my stand?
Yes, and we’d love you to get creative! GABS exhibitors can run special events during each session to attract and engage attendees and bring them to your stand. Exhibitors can schedule up to two special events at their stand per session, which GABS will add to the advertised Event Schedule and actively promote.
Previous exhibitors have run limited tasting sessions with the brewer, games where attendees can win merchandise or other prizes, blind tasting competitions and more. We recommend hosting nothing in the first hour or last 30 minutes of each session.
Tell me more about the Cashless Currency?
Since its inception, GABS has used cashless currency for all onsite transactions. In 2016, we introduced the Glownet RFID-enabled system, which further improved the customer and exhibitor experience. In 2017, we’re introducing new features to the service which will again enhance the experience, drive increased spend per head and allow you to capture valuable data.
Here’s how it works…
- Each exhibitor will be given Glownet POS devices at no additional cost (two devices for 3x3m stands / four devices for 6x3m stands). Additional devices can be hired for $20 per device per day (deducted from rebate).
- Training in how to use the Glownet system will be provided onsite and it’s essential that all exhibitors attend. Further info will also be provided in the Exhibitor Manual.
- The security of each POS device is the exhibitor’s responsibility, and charges will apply for any lost, stolen or damaged devices. Devices will be collected at the end of each session for data upload and at the end of each day for secure storage.
- GABS Currency Wristbands will be the only way attendees can purchase food or beverages at the event. Wristbands can be purchased with a ticket in advance or inside the venue from roaming sellers or currency stands. Wristbands are only valid for GABS 2017 but refunds will be available after the event.
This year, we’re introducing the following new features...
- Improved process of pre-purchasing currency.
- Ability to customise stand menus with your products.
hich will have the following benefits...
- Uplift in spend per head.
- Increased transaction speed.
- Security at the stand.
- In-depth sales data by product.
- Prompt reconciliation of Exhibitor Rebates.
Download the Glownet POS Training Guide here.
How do I get a refund on my Cashless Currency Wristband?
What’s included with the stand?
All stands are 3m deep.
The width of the various stands are:
- 3m: Regular Stands & Central Aisle Stands
- 6m: Feature Stands & Container End Stands
Each 3m stand includes:
- 2.4m high black back wall and 1m side support
- 300w floodlight on arm
- 4 amp power point
- Fascia sign with your stand name fixed to the back wall
- Trestle table(s) for the length of your stand (with black skirting)
- Caterers mat flooring protection
- Hand wash kit
- Supply of 85ml sample cups
- 2 x Glownet POS terminals for accepting GABS Currency Wristband payments (more available by request)
- Tub for bottled beer or cider (if required)
We also provide:
- Acceptance and refrigerated storage of stock
- Two bags of complimentary ice at the start of each event day. Additional ice available for $1.50 per 5kg bag throughout the event.
What’s not included with the stand?
- Stand set up and pack down. The GABS team will set up the stand inclusions as above, but it is the exhibitor’s responsibility to set up their own equipment, decorations and so on. A full bump in and bump out schedule will be provided along with the Exhibitor Manual.
- Additional furniture & decorations. If you have any special requirements such as additional furniture, equipment, lights or infrastructure for your stand, these can be booked directly through our various event infrastructure suppliers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
- Tap systems. Exhibitors who want to offer tap beers must provide all equipment necessary for their own tap system. Please ensure your tap system flow rate is suitable for pouring into 85ml tasting cups. If not, pour tasters from your own jugs. If an exhibitor would like to offer tap beer but doesn’t own a system, please check out the Exhibitor Manuals for recommended local suppliers.
Please note that everything you have at your stand must be contained within your stand’s footprint.
How about displays and promotional material?
Each exhibitor is provided a trestle table with a 2.4m high wall at the back of the stand for displays. All wall displays must be contained within the width of the stand booked and not higher than 2.4 metres. All promotion of products must be kept within the confines of the stand space provided.
Complimentary promotional items may be distributed to attendees, however, please note that stickers and coasters are not permitted. Should we have to remove any stickers from event or venue furnishings, the cost of such will be charged directly to the exhibitor. Coasters are not permitted as they can become missiles and endanger festival attendees.
If you have chosen to sell branded merchandise, this will be sold on consignment at the Official GABS Merchandise Stand (GABS receives a 20% commission). You may not sell merchandise at your stand.
If you have any questions regarding displays or promotional materials, please email email@example.com.
Exhibitors are required to have Public Liability insurance and email a certificate of currency to firstname.lastname@example.org. Exhibitors are required to provide at least $10 million public liability insurance. Exhibitors must ensure they advise their underwriter of the dates and location(s) of GABS to receive an endorsement that their present policy covers this event.
What sort of insurance do I need?
GABS Conditions of Alcohol Service
If you are serving alcohol from your Exhibitor Stand, please read the following Conditions of Alcohol Service when planning and running your stand.
- Permits & Licences. There are different licensing requirements to sell alcohol in Melbourne, Sydney and Auckland. Please note the information on licenses in the Exhibitor Manual and submit to email@example.com by FRIDAY 7 APRIL.
- Service Staff. In Australia, only state-specific RSA accredited servers may serve alcohol at stands. It is each exhibitor’s responsibility to ensure compliance with RSA certification requirements and operating practices.
- Stand Staff & Representatives. All Exhibitor Stand staff or other representatives must be over 18 years of age. Exhibitor Stand staff must be sober while working within the confines of their stand space. Any Exhibitor staff deemed intoxicated during GABS shall be subject to ejection. Exhibitor representatives should at all times conduct themselves with appropriate decorum.
- Glassware. Beer or cider may be poured from either your own tap system, bottles or cans into the 285ml GABS Souvenir Glasses or the 85ml tasting cups provided. No other glassware is allowed. 85ml samples may only be poured into the tasting cups supplied and not into the souvenir glass. No packaged beer or cider may be sold at any time.
- Sales. 85ml samples must be sold for a minimum of $2.20 and 285ml Souvenir Glass fills may be sold for anything from $6 upwards. Under no circumstances may an Exhibitor provide free samples, or glasses of beer or cider. All alcohol must be purchased via the official GABS Cashless Currency payment system. No cash sales are allowed.
- Responsible Service. Exhibitor representatives cannot serve any customer who appears intoxicated. Alert GABS staff or security personnel immediately if anyone appears intoxicated.